West Cork Dance Artist in Residence
Uillinn: West Cork Arts Centre in partnership with Cork County Council Arts Office is currently seeking expressions of interest from dance artists who wish to develop their practice at Uillinn Dance Studio and in relation to a proposed application to the Arts Council for funding of a Residency from August 2020 to August 2021.
The West Cork Dance Residency aims to
· support dance professionals in developing new work,
· Develop a creative platform for dance performance
· Build a community based programme which seeks to engage and build participation and audience for Dance across West Cork.
The Residency programme offers a number of practical supports including studio space for upto 500hours, desk, key holder privileges, wifi, canteen facilities, technical support for performance and workshops, publicity and marketing through social and print media plus administrative support from our staff team. We also support and encourage cross art form collaboration with other artists in residence at Uillinn. Information on previous residencies can be researched on our website here.
The application process:
Applications deadline 29 February 2020, 5pm by email to email@example.com with subject line West Cork Dance Residency 2020
Applications for this residency should be made by submitting:
• A short outline of a programme of work you would like to undertake during a residency (responding to the three strands as identified in the aim above), including a description of a personal area of research, how you might support a platform for performance and a plan of how you might connect with the community and link your work with audiences in West Cork
• Outline a budget breakdown of proposed expenses for the residency to a maximum of € 22,000 (the outcome will be subject to the success of the joint application to the Arts Council)
• CV and links to supporting video and documentation material of current and/or past work.
• A list of any collaborating artists
MAX 2 documents (proposal & CV with link list) sent as PDF or word.doc
Please indicate if you have a full, clean driving licence and have access to your own transport.
The residency will involve working with young people from time to time. Please indicate your willingness to undergo Garda Vetting
This residency does not include accommodation
Uillinn Residencies are supported by the Arts Council and Cork County Council.
Please note this application is for a joint application to the Arts Council Dance Artist Residency Scheme, so please refer to http://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Dance-artist-residency-scheme/