Tanzmesse Delegate Call
Culture Ireland invites applications from dance artists, dance company managers and dance producers from Ireland wishing to participate in Tanzmesse in Düsseldorf, Germany, which takes place from 31st August to 3rd September 2022.
Tanzmesse is a biennial event and an international hub for dance professionals around the world to network with agents, presenters and programmers and generate touring opportunities for their work.
For the 2022 edition, Culture Ireland is partnering with Dance Ireland, who are managing and delivering the Irish stand at the event and working closely with Culture Ireland to develop further international opportunities for Irish artists from the dance community.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of:
- the track record of the artist/company in presenting work abroad
- evidence of critical acclaim for the work to be promoted at Tanzmesse and its suitability for international touring
- the capacity of the company to avail of opportunities to tour internationally over the next 18 months (2023/2024)
- the list of international contacts whom the artist/company intends to meet at Tanzmesse
Priority will be given to those applicants who have work that is available for touring from 2022 to 2024, and can supply evidence of independent critical acclaim for their work.
Successful applicants must be able to attend Tanzmesse for the entire four days and be available to assist in scheduled attendance at the Ireland stand.
Culture Ireland support:
Culture Ireland will offer funding to successful applicants towards registration fees, travel and accommodation costs. (€750) One bursary application per company for artist, producer or company manager will be eligible for consideration.
Irish companies/artists participating in the 2022 Showcase, Open Studio or Pitch Sessions at Tanzmesse and have already received Culture Ireland support are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete and submit an application through the Culture Ireland online system. Click here to start your application. Accompanying information MUST include:
- Information on productions to promote
- Copies of relevant reviews
- Biography of the applicant
- Headshot of the applicant
The Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 20 May 2022.