Tanzmesse 2020 artistic proposals
The internationale tanzmesse nrw hosts the largest professional gathering dedicated exclusively to contemporary dance. The internationale tanzmesse nrw takes place every two years, generally at the end of August, in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Over the past years, Dance Ireland has led a delgation of dance artists in partnership with Culture Ireland.
In a commitment to work with dancers in all the stages of their career and connect them to national and international opportunites, we will again host a Dance Ireland booth at the 2020 festival 26-30 August.
At this time, artists attached to a booth can submit an artistic proposal to be part of the performance programme.
Formats and Options
- “Performance”: Full length production (60 minutes or less) premiered between 2016 and 30 September 2019
- “Site-specific performance”: a performance that will take place outdoors, in a specific or public space or is adapted to a non-stage space (60 minutes or less)
- “New Production”: Full length production (60 minutes or less) that will premiere after 30 September 2019, including a premiere in the Tanzmesse Festival Programme
- “Open Studio”: an excerpt of a piece in development shown in a dance studio, followed by a feedback session with the audience – duration 30 minutes
- “Pitching”: an excerpt of a ready-to-tour production shown in a dance studio, followed by a feedback session with the audience – duration 30 minutes
In order to submit an artistic proposal to tanzmesse, you need to be registered and reference the booth details of Dance Ireland.
*Please note all proposals are to be submitted directly to internationale tanzmesse nrw.
For information on the booth details required for your submission, contact DI Programme Manager, Louise Costelloe: email@example.com.