Opportunity: Dance Ireland Venue Officer
We are expanding our Venue Officer Team!
Dance Ireland is Ireland’s national dance development organisation and, true to our origins, we are proud to continue to be the representative body for professional dance. Our bold ambition is for dance to be valued and vibrantly, actively and confidently part of people’s lives.
We use all the opportunities afforded by DanceHouse, our own expertise and connections alongside those of our national and international partners to create a programme of work that engages the public and supports the professional, crossing the boundaries of age, experience, and genre.
We operate DanceHouse as a national centre of excellence. DanceHouse is a flagship dance hub, comprising six studios and Artists’ Resource Room.
This position is based at DanceHouse, Foley Street, Dublin 1, the hours of which will vary (see guide below). Reporting to the General Manager, the Venue Officer, one of two posts, is responsible for studio bookings, health & safety, venue & operational support, and front of house reception.
The successful candidate will have box office and/or venue experience. As this role shares tasks and responsibilities with another venue officer it is important that this person is an excellent communicator with strong written and customer service skills. As the public face of Dance Ireland, the post holder will be confident, friendly and welcoming.
This is a key-holding position and the nature of the role requires a flexible person who is willing to work a variety of alternating day and evening shifts. Please see below a guide to opening hours.
· Meet and greet all customers in a friendly and professional manner; provide courteous customer service to enquiries by phone, email and in person; maintain and develop relationships with returning customers and members.
· Be familiar with and provide information to a wide range of customers on Dance Ireland and DanceHouse activities and events as well as general dance enquiries.
· As the central point of contact for Dance Ireland, gain an understanding of the different uses of DanceHouse as well as the connections and relationships that exist between all who use it.
Administration & Financial
· Handle bookings and issue contracts for studios and equipment hire, as well as the scheduling of evening classes (utilising Artifax, Mindbody and other programmes as required), which involves a high attention to detail and organisational ability.
· Upload and edit content on the Dance Ireland website.
· Cash-handling, balancing end-of-day reports.
· Provide administrative support to the executive team as required, and liaise with colleagues in the planning and implementation of the Dance Ireland programme.
· Undertake operational and technical duties which assist with the smooth running of the venue, including the implementation of Dance Ireland’s Health and Safety policies; this area is particularly important given the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
· Ensure that studios are set up and ready for use (includes setting up projectors, ballet barres etc.).
· In collaboration with the Dance Ireland team, and through the use of sinage, print materials etc., ensure DanceHouse is well presented.
· Minimum one year’s experience in a similar venue or administrative role.
· Excellent communication, customer service and organisational skills.
· Adaptive and flexible, with the ability to respond to challenges as they arise.
· Friendly, polite manner and good self-presentation.
· Good time-management and attention to detail.
· Proficient computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· A problem solver, and a self-starter and finisher.
· Works well on own initiative as well as being a team player.
· Database management experience.
· Audio-visual and IT skills.
· An interest in the arts, especially dance.
· Experience in a role-share (Venue Officers work closely together, share an inbox and share booking and building responsibilities).
· Deadline: 5 November 2021
· Interviews in DanceHouse, Foley Street, Dublin 1, D01 Y0X8: 12 November 2021
· Immediate start preferable
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role and why you are applying to Sarah Walsh, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum of 30 hours @ €13 per hour. Hours will vary each week depending on opening hours, from 30-40 hours.
DanceHouse opening hours*:
Friday & Saturday: 8.30am-6.30pm
*Guide only. Opening and closing times can vary from time to time. www.danceireland.ie
If you require support with your application, or require this information in another format (large print, audio etc) please get in touch with us.