Open Call: Your Next Move
Dance Ireland, in association with Dance World, are pleased to offer 4 awards to Pre-Professional Members. The aim of this award is to invest in something that will support you at the beginning of your dance career.
Successful applicants will receive:
- €250 to use towards your future development- this could go towards training, a photoshoot, video reel etc
- €100 voucher for Dance World
- An advice session with a relevant DI staff member, to provide guidance on a chosen aspect of your development
Awards are to be used in 2023.
To apply you must be a current Pre-Professional member of Dance Ireland and be willing to share the outcome of this award in a report to Dance Ireland. We hope to learn more about how a small investment can support a pre-professional artist at the beginning of their career and contribute to their development.
All applications will be assessed by members of the Dance Ireland team and an artist representative according to the following criteria:
- How well your proposal reflects the aims and intention of this award
- How it meets the values of Dance Ireland
- The feasibility of your proposal, and ability to deliver your report by 1 December 2023
- The feasability of a budget you provide
How to Apply
- A CV and 200-word Biography
- Maximum 2 additional supporting materials- i.e. a budget, or information on training etc
The closing date for receipt of online form and all other supporting materials, is Friday 2nd June 2023 . No late applications will be considered. All applications will be acknowledged on receipt.
If you have any further questions, or have any access requirements and would like to submit your application in a different way, email Andrea on firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimonies from previous awardees:
It was wonderful news to hear I had received the Your Next Move Award earlier this year. It could not have come at a better time as being in my graduate year comes with huge financial expense. As this is my final year in school, I am starting to audition for companies in both Europe and further afield. These companies often require me to firstly send photos and videos and then, if successful, travel to the company so they can see me dance in person. The photos that I send have to be professionally taken and this is obviously very costly, so when I heard that applications for the Your Next Move Award had opened, I jumped at the chance to apply!
Lily Deveney- 2022 awardee
As one of the 2022 recipients of the Your Next Move Award presented by Dance Ireland I decided to use the award to contribute towards my fees for my full time training. In September 2022 I joined Kings International Ballet Academy.....As ever I am so grateful to Dance Ireland for this award and I look forward to taking class there soon in the beautiful Dance House studios.
Shana Gruber- 2022 awardee