Open Call: DI Associate Artist
Dance Ireland invites expression of interests (EOI) in our Associate Artist 2020 programme. This is a key element of our professional development work and a strategic priority for us.
We are now seeking expressions of interest from an individual, collective or company working in any genre of dance to become Dance Ireland Associate Artist(s).
There are ten Associate Artists: Aoife McAtamney, Emma Martin, Liv O’Donoghue, Maria Nilsson Waller, Philip Connaughton, Catherine Young, Patricia Crosbie, Liam Scanlon, Luke Murphy and Áine Stapleton. The Associated Artist cohort has a diverse range of practice and genres, each has been unique, reflecting their distinctive differences and particular interests. Our relationship with these artists is ongoing, and we continue to develop ways of responding to their specific needs.
We are particularly interested in hearing from those who are open to working in partnership with Dance Ireland to plan, implement and evaluate their time with us. Specifically we wish to hear from artists who are at a particular crucial stage in their practice and can demonstrate the benefit of becoming an Associate Artist with Dance Ireland.
We work closely with the Associate Artist(s) in the planning stages of their project to put in place supports towards achieving their aims. In addition to a cash award (€10,000), other supports can include studio space, administrative and producing supports; networking and presentation opportunities, partnership introductions, access to our professional development opportunities, assistance with communications, marketing and financial administrative support as required.
We are open to all suggestions and to utilising the full resources of the Dance Ireland executive and DanceHouse facilities to make the most of this opportunity.
In order to maximise this opportunity, it is important that the Associate Artist should have secured additional funding or other supports to bring to this partnership.
Who can apply?
- Open to professional members (performer/choreographer/company) of Dance Ireland. Please remember companies/ensembles/collectives are eligible to apply, however all members of the ensemble must also be Dance Ireland members.
- You must have a track record (minimum of 3 / 4 professionally presented works), and demonstrate you are at a crucial stage in your development.
CVs of key collaborators and evidence of their interest (if relevant).
If you have any questions, or wish to have an informal chat, please contact Louise Costelloe, on 01 855 8800 or email: email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of expression of interest is Friday 6 September at 12noon.
In order to be strategic and focused, it is our policy to shortlist.
All shortlisted applicants are invited to meet with the selection panel.
It is anticipated that panel interviews will take place either late Oct/early Nov (tbc).
The Associate Artist assessment criteria are based on consideration of the following:
- How well your proposal reflects the aims and objectives of the award
- Other funding or supports secured
- That you have demonstrated the benefit that being an Associate Artist will have at this stage of your career and artistic development
- Your proposal shows openness to work with Dance Ireland to create the best opportunity possible
- You show openness to acting as the public ‘face’ of Dance Ireland
- Feasibility of your proposal, within the context of available resources
Please complete the form below to register your interest in becoming an Associate Artist with Dance Ireland.