K3 Residency Programme 2023/2024: Call for applications
K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three paid eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of their career and have produced some choreographic work of their own. The residency begins in August and runs until April of the following year. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical, and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the choreographers in residence closely to the various other on-going programs of K3.
The goal of the residency is to develop and strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production, and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up space for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers can each develop a full-length piece that is presented at the end of the residency on three evenings on the stages of Kampnagel.
For choreographers interested in applying to the residency programme, we offer two info zooms:
30 June – 10am (CET)
2 August – 5pm (CET)
Please register with your name and date: email@example.com
• The applicant must be at the beginning of their career and should have already implemented some projects of their own (outside of a university context).
• The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from August 2023 until April 2024 to stay in Hamburg.
• The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
• The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
• The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting their own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
• Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
• We accept applications in all choreographic fields (e.g. dance for young audience, public space) and from all nationalities. Applicants from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply.
The residency programme covers:
• a monthly scholarship (for living expenses and accommodation in Hamburg)
• one-time travel expenses from and to place of residence
• support in obtaining necessary papers/Visa and costs of related costs
• a moderate production budget for the performances at the end of the residency, which allows for a small team over the last few weeks of the residency
• use of the K3 studios
• an accompanying support from the K3 team in the fields of dramaturgy, organisation, technical assistance, and public relations
• active participation in the K3 outreach programme
• After consulting with K3, accessibility costs can be covered in most cases. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, you can find some general information HERE and in our FAQ.
The application deadline is 11 August 2022 (11:59pm central European time).
The application can only be made in English through the ONLINE FORM.
The application form contains e.g. questions concerning artistic background, motivation, and details on the artistic project being proposed for the residency. If for accessibility reasons you need help in navigating the application form or need to send in your application in another form, you can contact us via mail or phone.
The online application form can be filled in, edited and saved during the application period (21 June to 11 August 2022, 11:59pm). All applications, which have not been sent before the deadline, will be deleted. It is not possible to apply in any other way or to extend the deadline.
K3 welcomes applications from every country and region, from people with different abilities and differently abled bodies, from people of colour, from marginalised communities and from people with experiences of migration and displacement, regardless of religion, race, gender or sex. We value the representation of diversity and try to accommodate different needs. We promote professional equality of people of all genders as well as the compatibility of family and work.
For inquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 (0) 40 / 270 949 – 45