Fidget Feet Operations & Finance Officer
About Fidget Feet
Fidget Feet was founded in 1998 by choreographer and aerial dancer Chantal McCormick from Donegal, and musician and media artist Jym Daly from Cork. The company continues to grow and develop with the inspirational leadership of Chantal McCormick, with a vision to create aerial art that invokes a sacred energy, connecting hearts across the globe. Fidget Feet wants to create, perform and promote vibrant, inspiring, heart-warming aerial productions for Limerick, Ireland and the globe.
As the National Company for aerial arts in Ireland, creativity is at the source of every element of the company. The artists that make up Fidget Feet are enthusiastically supported by a board of management with wide ranging skills, experience, and with strong governance expertise. Fidget
Feet is a highly ambitious aerial dance company working in different formats. With our wide ranging skills, aerial dance, music, rigging and visuals, Fidget Feet creates magical stories full of profound emotions. Circus and Aerial are both a way of life. This business is full of lunatics, exhibitionists and workaholics all working in a family-like environment. We are no different.
Job Title: Operations & Finance Officer
Reporting To: Executive Creative Director
Contract: 2 years full-time with an option to renew (6 months probation period)
Remuneration: €36,000 commensurate with experience
Location: Irish Aerial Creation Centre, Gillogue Office Park, V94 EYK6 Application Deadline: 18th November 2022
Zoom Interviews: 1st and 2nd December 2022
In person 2nd interview Wednesday 7th December in Limerick/Clare
Start Date January 2023
This is a new multi-faceted role that will evolve over time.
• Responsible for the effective management of the day-to-day operations of the organisation, ensuring FF operates to the highest professional standards.
• Manage effective office systems, administration, IT, office equipment and supplies, telephone and email enquiries, post, filing etc.
• Manage correspondence and ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and funding agencies including the bank, Revenue Commissions, Company Registrations Office, Insurance, etc.
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including funders and third-party suppliers • Support implementation of projects and activities, for example, the production and touring of our indoor, outdoor, and work for young audiences. Support funding applications and bids, having experience in grant and fundraising application writing, working with the wider team to support the Executive Creative Director in preparing reports and information for the Board of Directors.
• Lead on contracting of artists, staff, crew, and bookers.
• Prepare information and itineraries for tours, oversee travel, accommodation, and allocation of per diems and visas including international touring.
• To undertake any other reasonable duty as requested by the Executive Creative Director to further enhance the effective management and delivery of the Company’s activities.
• Develop and manage the annual budget and smaller proposed budgets with the Executive Creative Director and Financial manager.
• Produce monthly/quarterly budget reports and financial forecasts with Financial manager. • Manage the day-to-day financial operations and transactions; checking invoices, contracts and budgets and paying all in time.
• Work on robust financial management planning, strategies and checks with the Financial Manager.
• Do all the financial and written reports to the Arts Council and any other funding bodies. • Assist Financial Manager on the FF audits to produce year-end statutory accounts.
• Experience in the arts field with an excellent understanding of the project management cycle of arts events with at least 3 years’ experience.
• Strong management skills with the ability to forge strong relationships internally and externally with planning, organisational and administration skills.
• Good computer skills including MS Excel.
• Full driving license and access to car.
• Excellent financial management and bookkeeping skills including resource management and Quickbooks.
• Proficiency in English (verbal and written) as the working language of the company.
• Experience of Arts Council of Ireland and Creative Europe Funding applications and reporting.
• A love of dance, aerial arts, circus or live performance.
About the Position
• The role may involve some travel related to the company’s activities, but mainly it will be based in the Limerick office Monday to Friday.
• The position holds an entitlement of 20 days holiday per year.
• This post is based on 40 hours per week.
How to apply
Send your full CV and a Cover Letter (or if you prefer, a short video) to email@example.com
Set out clearly how you meet the person specification for the post, detailing relevant experience and your ability to deliver the duties set out in the job description. Let us know why you would like to work with Fidget Feet. Be honest, be creative, be bold.
In preparation for your application, and for more information about the company we recommend that you read our strategic plan and visit our website www.fidgetfeet.com
Pre-application discussion: If you’d like an informal chat about the role or have any questions about the job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org – We encourage you to reach out and have a conversation with us.
Deadline for applications is 18th November 2022
The interview process will be in two stages. We anticipate that first interviews will take place on line through Zoom or in person at IACC and we will have the FF artists there to be part of the interviews.
Commencement: January 2023
All communications will be handled with the strictest of confidence. Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer. FF is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from people of all genders, nationalities, races, cultural backgrounds, ages, religions, languages, different abilities, sexual orientations or socio-economic statuses.