David Bassuk Immersive Theatre Workshop
Emily Aoibheann presents, as part of the Experimental Circus Bursary and Residency Award 2022:
SURFING A MULTI-MEDIUM WAVE: Crafting Experiences and Immersive Narratives.
A two-day immersive theatre and story-telling creative intensive for experienced and novice makers, with international guest David Bassuk, director of White Horse Immersive (US/CHN).
From fantastical virtual worlds, to augmented design tools and immersive training environments; narrative is being reinvented and rediscovered opening doors to new opportunities every day. In this two-day intensive, you will learn world building, interactive narrative design and contemporary participatory practices. You will initiate new projects and make creative connections with your audiences across time in multiple mediums. You will be guided in the creation of immersive projects that combine story with technology and games; harness the range of human senses and generate work that exists in both real and virtual spaces. In a two-day workshop original projects will be created an intensive for both the Immersive novice and veteran alike.
- Generate narratives that trigger multi-medium engagement
- Form original creative ideas and tools for devising
- Make audience centered branching narratives
- Use game mechanics inside of dramatic structure
- Shape a performance as an encounter with a participating audience
- Vertical narratives: discover the opportunity of moving beyond the linear
- “Narratizing” space and “spacializing” narrative
- Discover, engage, and sustain a transmedia connection with an audience
Spaces are limited to 30 participants, booking is free. This workshop is aimed at performative storytellers both novice and experienced:
- The event takes place at the O'Reilly Theatre, new rehearsal space
- 19th and 20th November, 10-6pm daily.
For further information, or to book please click here.