Dance Ireland: Administrator/Book Keeper
Dance Ireland is seeking an experienced Administrator/Book Keeper. Deadline extended to Feb 25 @ 12pm
Dance Ireland is Ireland’s national dance development organisation and, true to our origins, we are proud to continue to be the representative body for professional dance.
Our bold ambition is for dance to be valued and vibrantly, actively and confidently part of people’s lives. Achieving this, we believe, will ensure a sustainable future for dance in Ireland and a credible career for those committed to dance as a profession. We exist to make this happen. We use all the opportunities afforded by DanceHouse, our own expertise and connections alongside those of our national and international partners to create a programme of work that engages the public and supports the professional, crossing the boundaries of age, experience, and genre.
As such we enable the development of dance as an art-form, as an activity to be accessed and enjoyed, as well as working to progress professional practice.
We operate DanceHouse (on licence from Dublin City Council) as a national centre of excellence.
The Dance Ireland team is made up of seven and a half full-time staff. As a member of a busy executive, you will carry out a multi-faceted role which includes book keeping, administrative support and venue assistance. Due to the nature of this role, the weekly hours are set from 9am-5pm but may vary from time to time due to the nature of Dance Ireland’s work programme. Weekend and evening work will be required on occasion.
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Managing, processing and paying supplier invoices
- Managing, processing and following up on sales invoices
- Ensuring all financial records are accurate and up to date using Quickbooks
- Managing and processing payments and bank lodgements
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing and managing fortnightly payroll on Collsoft
- Processing payroll journals and reports
- Managing petty cash and bank lodgements
- File management
- Assisting with preparation for audit
- Provide support to General Manager in the delivery of weekly financial updates
- This is a key holding position – duties include assisting with opening up the venue
- Providing reception cover daily for venue checks, breaks and other venue assistance as required
- Providing administrative support to all Dance Ireland programme areas as required
- Dealing promptly with all enquiries by telephone, email, post and in person
- Maintaining and improving administrative systems
- Managing the organisation’s IT processes and acting as the key liaison between Dance Ireland and its IT service provider
- Office filing (paper and electronic)
- Maintaining mailing lists and databases
- Assisting with preparation and distribution of board and AGM papers
- General administration and office duties
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Detailed working knowledge of accounting and payroll software, especially Quickbooks & Collsoft
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads & work on your own initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly manner with a customer focus
- Delivery focused and proactive approach to your work
Interest in the arts, particularly dance
Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role with specific emphasis on book keeping duties and customer service.
Salary: Salary €26-28,000 per annum depending on experience. This is a full time position and is based at DanceHouse, Foley Street, Dublin 1.
Closing date: Monday 25 February @12pm
Interviews: Shortlisted applicants will be called for interview on Thursday, Feb 28.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role and why you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrator/Book Keeper in the subject line.