Call Out For Proposals
Dance City Residencies Without Borders
Dance City is seeking proposals from dance artists/companies based in the European Union and from outside the UK/EU to undertake two, one week residencies as part of our new Residencies without Borders programme. The residencies we are looking to support can be thematically diverse and the work you choose to apply with can be live performance, dance film or movement research. Dance City is a proud member of the European Dance House Network and the National Dance Network, and values and supports the global community of artists/companies we work with. We want to hear from artists/companies who share our mission to develop artistic exchange and cross-cultural dialogue.
What you will receive:
- £750 bursary towards the cost of your residency (paid by BACS in pounds sterling upon receipt of an invoice, subject to the currency exchange rate at the time of payment)
- 1 week (5 days) of studio space at our Newcastle venue. (Dance City, Temple Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4BR) The studio will be available from 9am – 5pm.
- 10% discount in our DC café for the duration of your stay
- A one to one meeting with Dance City’s Artistic Director and/or Creative Producer at a mutually convenient time during the residency week.
- Two, one week residencies (one per artist/company) can be selected from the dates available below:
Monday 13th July – Friday 17th July 2020 – Studio 4 Newcastle
Monday 14th December – Friday 18th December 2020 – Theatre Newcastle
Monday 4th January – Friday 8th January 2021 – Theatre Newcastle
Monday 19th July – Friday 23th July 2021 – Theatre Newcastle