Applications: Aerowaves Twenty
APPLICATIONS OPEN (DEADLINE 12 SEPTEMBER)
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the eligibility criteria thoroughly before putting your application together
- Get your application in as early as possible
- Give yourself plenty of time to upload your video to Vimeo – technical hitches cause stress, especially at the last minute!
- Make sure the video of the work you are submitting is of the highest possible quality and correct length
- Let your national Aerowaves representatives know that you are applying and invite them to see your performance live
PROVIDING YOUR VIDEO ON VIMEO
- Please upload your video to Vimeo (preferably in HD) and include the link in your application form. If you have a Vimeo Plus account please enable 'download' in the settings so we can download it. If you don't then upload a version to Vimeo that is less than 500MB (to avoid paying a subscription), and send a bigger file (if available) via a service like We Transfer, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The ideal dimensions are 1920 x 1080 in HD, but please try to keep your file to under 2GB. There must be a version of the work online, and we must also have an actual copy
- Use the privacy settings if you do not wish it to be public, but include the password in your application form
- Please put a 100 word artist statement in the description box of your Vimeo upload - it can include factual and contextual information about the work
- We use your Vimeo links to share with Aerowaves Partners before our Annual Meeting in October - so that they can do their homework!
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR VIDEO
Since our selection process is assisted by watching a video recording, it's really important that you think about how your work will come across.
- The video should be a fairly simple record of a public performance of the work from beginning to end
- If you are applying with an edited version of a longer work, the video you provide must be of the shortened version. This version must be available for performance
- It should include close-ups and wide shots – think about how best to represent the work in terms of details / angles / capturing the scale
- Promotional videos are not acceptable, nor are videos of any work other than the one with which you are applying to Aerowaves
- Please try and keep the size of the file to under 2GB
CLICK HERE for application details