Contemporary with Ursula Robb
- Mon 3 Oct 2022 - Fri 7 Oct 2022
- 10:00 - 11:30
- Please Note:
- Please note we are currently experiencing issues processing payments through the Mindbody app, but can process payments at reception.
- €5 DI Students/ €7 DI Members / €10 Non-members/ Member 10 Class Card €50
- Professional / Advanced
- Ursula Robb
My class is a contemporary-based warm up for the body, drawing on the many dance influences I have been exposed to over the course of my career. We will start with somatic-based floor work, moving to standing, warming the joints before building to a series of movement phrases, which will include rolling on the floor, jumping, running and maybe the odd cartwheel…by the end of class you should feel warm and ready for the day ahead!
Please note we are currently experiencing issues processing payments through the Mindbody app, but can process payments at reception.
Ursula trained at the New Zealand School of Dance and worked with the Douglas Wright Dance Company, the Royal New Zealand Ballet, and The New Zealand Dance Company. After moving to Brussels she danced with Wim Vandekeybus - ULTIMA VEZ, Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker - ROSAS, and Thomas Hauert - cie ZOO. Ursula works now as a freelance dancer, rehearsal director and tutor and teaches at various performing arts institutions worldwide including P.A.R.T.S, (Performing Arts and Research Studios) Brussels, DDSKS, (Danish National School of Performing Arts) Copenhagen, and the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance at the University of Limerick.
Please note the following measures have been put in place for the well being of all who use DanceHouse.
Collectively, we will find a new rhythm for interacting while ensuring we follow best practice in keeping ourselves and others safe as we move in the studio space.
- While changing rooms and showers are available for use by those who need them, we do encourage everyone to arrive in the clothes needed for practice, whenever possible.
- Each group or class entering DanceHouse has a specific time to do so, 15 minutes before their class starts.
This is done to minimise crossover between groups entering and leaving, keep the flow in the building and to prevent clusters of people in the foyer and stairs.
Unfortunately, you cannot come earlier than above to keep the number of people at the safest level.
All participants must leave the studio promptly after class – time for cool down will be part of the class and there will not be additional time in the studio after class for this.
These times are scheduled to limit the crossover of people entering and leaving.
- Please read the full protocols HERE
For further information:
- Telephone: 01 855 8800