Contemporary with Kate Haughton
- Every from Thu 27 Jan 2022 - Thu 14 Apr 2022
- 20:15 - 21:30
- Please Note:
- No class March 17th
**This class will be covered by Sarah Ryan on March 31st**
- €5 DI Students / €7 DI Members / €10 Non-members / Member 10 Class Card €50
- Professional / Advanced
Kate’s contemporary class has a mixture of influences, but is centered around finding physical expression through structure. After arriving into the space, there will be a series of exercises which will warm the body and build in physicality as the class progresses. Although set movement, the dancers are given options and invited to find ways for the choreography to serve them as required. The class will accumulate with a final dance, where we can boogey together and find some joy in movement! Music accompanies and supports us throughout the class.**
ONLINE HERE ** This class will be covered by Marion Cronin on the 10 & 17 Feb**
**See our COVID-19 Guidelines below including notes on arrival time for class and mask wearing.
Kate Haughton is a dance artist based in Dublin. She is a contemporary performer, and has an active interest in collaborating with other artists as well as creating her own work.
Having originally trained in classical dance at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland she began her career performing with companies Scottish Ballet and Ballet Ireland. In 2015 she embarked on her journey into contemporary dance where she performed with Transitions Dance Company at Trinity Laban. After this she began her varied career as a freelance dance artist. She performed in a variety of works created by a range of choreographers including: Ania Straczynska, Lewis Normand, Gianna Burright, Diana Loosmore, Laura Macken, Muirne Bloomer, Pietro Marullo.
Kate also creates her own work; ‘her minutes’, which was a duet based on her research into time consciousness, was performed at the Emerge Festival 2019 and Culture Night 2020. She subsequently produced ‘our minutes’, an interactive video dissemination of the work in June 2020 with collaborator Rebecca Lee. Kate is currently working with Vera Stierli in the development of the one-on-one interactive performance ‘Meeting Another’. The work has been performed as part of BETA Dance Festival 2020 and 'trial and error' at Dampfzentrale 2021, and as part of DLR Choice 2021.
Kate has a BSc Mathematics (1st) from the Open University and an MSc in Theoretical Physics from Edinburgh University.
Please note the following measures have been put in place for the well being of all who use DanceHouse.
Collectively, we will find a new rhythm for interacting while ensuring we follow best practice in keeping ourselves and others safe as we move in the studio space.
- Changing rooms and showers are open, with a limited capacity of 5 people permitted in the area at a time. Shower area capacity is limited to 3 people at a time. While changing rooms and showers are available for use by those who need them, we do encourage everyone to arrive in the clothes needed for practice, whenever possible.
- Each group or class entering DanceHouse has a specific time to do so. Class participants can enter the building 15 minutes before their class only.This is done to minimise crossover between groups entering and leaving, keep the flow in the building and to prevent clusters of people in the foyer and stairs.
Unfortunately, you cannot come earlier than above to keep the number of people at the safest level.
All participants must leave the studio promptly after class – time for cool down will be part of the class and there will not be additional time in the studio after class for this.
These times are scheduled to limit the crossover of people entering and leaving.
- Please read the full protocols HERE
For further information:
- Telephone: +353 1 855 8800