Community Collab with Lapree Lala (Luntu Love)
- Fri 15 Oct 2021
- 10:00 - 11:30
- Please Note:
- Booking in advance only
- €5 DI Students / €7 DI Members / €10 Non-members / Member 10 Class Card €50
Be ready for a unique dance class where we will be Blending the flow of Jamaican dancehall and the vibes of Afro Dance. Within Afro dance we have different styles such as Afro House, Amapiano, Ndombolo and Cupé décalé. We will have a hype choreography mixing these styles and making you have fun, sweat and feel closer to these cultures.
Contact email@example.com with any queries.
Please see below for our Covid-19 in studio protocols.
ABOUT LAPREE LALA (Luntu Love)
Lapree Lala is a Galway based Afrodance Dancer/Instructor/Choreographer in Ireland. As CEO of Dublin based company Southside Moves, Luntu has regularly taught and collaborated for the past three years with many individuals from the scene. Hoping to spread awareness and understanding of Afro culture in Ireland. She has worked with companies such as Google, Twitter and Facebook. She has performed at Electric Picnic as well for artists such as Naira Marley, A-Star and Headie One.
Please note the following measures have been put in place for the well being of all who use DanceHouse.
Collectively, we will find a new rhythm for interacting while ensuring we follow best practice in keeping ourselves and others safe as we move in the studio space.
- Changing rooms and showers are open, with a limited capacity of 5 people permitted in the area at a time. Shower area capacity is limited to 3 people at a time.
While changing rooms and showers are available for use by those who need them, we do encourage everyone to arrive in the clothes needed for practice, whenever possible.
- Each group or class entering DanceHouse has a specific time to do so.
Morning Class participants can enter the building between 9.45am and 10am only. Classes will start at 10am sharp.
This is done to minimise crossover between groups entering and leaving, keep the flow in the building and to prevent clusters of people in the foyer and stairs.
Unfortunately, you cannot come earlier than above to keep the number of people at the safest level.
- All participants must leave the studio promptly at 11.30am – time for cool down will be part of the class and there will not be additional time in the studio after class for this.
These times are scheduled to limit the crossover of people entering and leaving.
- Please read the full protocols HERE