- Every Monday from Mon 20 Apr 2020 - Mon 13 Jul 2020
- 19:30 - 21:00
- Please Note:
- No class 4th May and 1st June
- Dance House
- €40 for the first 6 classes and then it is €10 per class or €50 per month for unlimited classes. Drop in rate is €10, however, it is recommended that you contact Michael O'Donovan beforehand. Student rate/unwaged rate is €8 drop in and €40 per month for unlimited classes.
- All levels
- Dublin Aikikai Aikido / Michael O'Donovan
Aikido is a Japanese martial art that aims to resole conflicts in a non-violent manner. Aikido is performed by blending with the motion of the attacker and redirecting the force of the attack rather than opposing it head-on. This requires very little physical energy, as the aikido practitioner 'leads' the attacker's momentum; using entering and turning movements. The techniques are completed with various throws or joint locks.
Practice is performed in pairs in a cooperative way. Practice aims at improving oneself as much as at helping the partner improve. More than an efficient self-defence system, Aikido is a personal development tool that will help you develop physical abilities such as agility, speed, economy of motion, and flexibility; as well as mental qualities such as self-confidence, focus, awareness, and calmness when facing challenges or conflicts.
Practitioners of all levels are welcome and complete beginners can join at any time of the year. All our instructors are officially affiliated to the Aikikai (the Aikido World Headquarters) and travel to Japan on a regular basis to train intensively with the Japanese masters.
For further information:
- Telephone: 087 9244360
- Website: https://www.dublinaikido.com/