Dance Ireland: Information for Refugees
Support & help for extended dance community
As a dance community, we feel it is important that we make space to welcome artists who have been displaced, who may need support and refuge, a means of reflecting and responding to their experience, and to feel safe.
At Dance Ireland we have put together a package of support for dance artists who are arriving as refugees in Ireland. This includes:
- Free membership for a year – which allows access to our support, awards, opportunities, Member’s Studio, and our membership network.
- Free professional classes for six months
- A support fund for artistic research and reflection, which will come under our Hatch programme – including them with a cohort of artists investing in research and reflection.
- Studio Space support as part of the Hatch programme.
- Support and advice from the Dance Ireland team, connection with our community, and advocacy and representation where they may need it.