Dance Ireland is the representative body for dance. As a member-led resource and service organisation we support the development of all forms of dance in Ireland through training, professional opportunities and advocacy as well as Access and Participation programmes for the general public.
Our guiding principles are:
- To provide support and practical resources for all dance artists;
- To support and nurture choreographic development;
- To work towards developing a sustainable dance sector in Ireland;
- To lead, represent and advocate on behalf of the dance sector;
- To enhance public awareness of and involvement in dance at all levels.
We achieve these aims through our:
Training & Development Programmes
For dancers, choreographers and companies at local, national and international levels.
Morning classes, master classes, choreographic workshops led by a range of national and international guest teachers.
Creating opportunities for dance artists to advance their own skills and artistic goals with supports including time, space and money.
Provides a home for dance in Ireland. Operated on licence from Dublin City Council, DanceHouse is a working home supporting all forms of dance. With DanceHouse provide year-round support and services to our members, the sector and wider community.
Dance Ireland is committed to:
- Lobbying on behalf of its members and sector on issues of concern.
- Liaising with the Arts Council, Government, local authorities and others on issues of importance to the dance community.
- Promoting the work of members and the sector at key national and international events.
- Hosting member and sector meetings in order to share information, maintain networks, explore new ideas and collectively strengthen ourselves.
- Commissioning essays, exhibitions and talks to stimulate public interest and contribute to a better understanding of Dance in Ireland.
- Maintaining active membership of the National Campaign for the Arts (NCFA) and the European Dance House Network (EDN).
For more information on lobbying and advocacy read our History.
Access & Participation Programmes
Raises awareness of the value of dance and movement in our daily lives by creating opportunities for people of all ages to engage with dance.
We do this through a range of educational and outreach initiatives, including Evening Classes, Company B, Macushla Dance Club, Dublin Youth Dance Company and more.