Dance Ireland was established in 1989 as the Association of Professional Dancers in Ireland to build what is now Dance Ireland - a vibrant community of dance professionals from throughout the island of Ireland, bringing together artists from a wide range of genres and experiences to build a collective voice for dance. The organisation's original aim – to bring dance artists together to sustain and grow dance as a practice and as a profession - is still key to who we are and what we do. We are a member-informed dance development organisation and a community of innovative collaborators, creative partners and colleagues working together to enable great dance to be made and shared.
Why Become a Member?
We are connected to a wide and varied collection of dance artists who are part of the dance community in Ireland, and we are fortunate that we can engage with our Members in many ways:
- Professional Development Opportunities are free for Members to support your career development in and out of the studio
- Professional Members are entitled to apply for Dance Ireland Residencies and awards such as Hatch and Associate Artist
- Avail of our expertise- we can offer Members advice and support sessions on: revising your artistic plans, project planning. your practice, funding & grant applications, communications and marketing, professional development, artist social welfare
- Access to world class facilities in DanceHouse: pre-professional and professional membership includes insurance cover for rehearsal and R&D, use of the Artist Resource Room; library & archive; reduced rate for equipment hire.
- Apply for use of the Members Studio, which offers flexible, complimentary short term studio support for artistic research and maintaining a dance practice
- Subsidised Rates on Classes, Workshops and Training Programmes
For a full list of engagement opportunities for each category, please click on the icons below.
Who is Membership for?
Our membership is for dance professionals, vocational dance students, and individuals or organisations working in or with dance. Dance Ireland Membership connects you to the vibrant professional dance community in Ireland.
''I became a member when I moved back to Ireland and wanted to get involved in the Irish dance community. I've used my membership to get discounted morning class, apply for bursaries, residencies, hire a studio and borrow books. My favourite thing about my membership is having access to all the books and films in the Resource Room.” Rachel Ní Bhraonáin, Professional Member
''Initially I got my Dance Ireland membership to be able to attend morning classes for professionals. After receiving my membership, I found out about all the other ways DI provides help, support and advocates for dance artists in Ireland. Through my participation in professional morning classes I also managed to meet amazing artists as well as human beings. DI gave me a feeling that I’m not entirely alone and that if I feel stuck, I can contact them and will receive help and guidance with understanding and without prejudice.'' Aneta Dortova, Professional Member
''Dance Ireland has provided letters of support for a variety of reasons, any questions I have can be sent their way and I always get a prompt informed answer. They support me through reduced classes and workshops, offering studio space, inviting me to dialogues and information sessions. I feel represented by a body that genuinely cares for the professional dancer.'' Oran Leong, Professional Member
Find out more about becoming a member here.
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our Membership Officer, Catriona: email@example.com