Dance Ireland is Ireland’s national dance development organisation and we are proud to be the representative body for the professional dance community in Ireland. Dance Ireland keeps the Member at the center of everything we do. We are connected to a wide and varied collection of dance artists, and we are fortunate that we can engage with our Members in many ways:
- Professional Development Opportunities: morning classes, residencies, new work showings, scholarships, bursaries and more.
- Free access to members' gatherings and skills building workshops
- Advice, Support and Advocacy: letters of support, career guidance and knowledge, networking opportunities.
- Access to world class facilities in DanceHouse: insurance cover for rehearsal and R&D, use of the Artist Resource Room; library & archive; reduced rate for equipment hire.
- Subsidised Rates on Classes, Workshops and Training Programmes.
- For a full list of engagement opportunities, for each category, please click on the icons below.
Who can become a Member?
The Dance Ireland community is made up of those who are working professionally in, with and for dance in Ireland now, or readying to do so in the future. We have three types of membership categories:
In order to qualify for membership, you must be born in, or a resident of Ireland. If you are applying for Organisational membership, your company or school, must be based in Ireland. Please click on the category name below, to find out, if you qualify for membership with Dance Ireland.
How do I become a Member?
- We offer membership on a 12 month rolling basis- you may join or renew at any time.
- First time Member: fill in the online form here; then email Catriona, on firstname.lastname@example.org, with supporting evidence for your application. If approved, you may then make payment here.
- Renewing Member: fill in the online form here; then make payment here, by phone or in DanceHouse.
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our Membership Officer, Catriona: email@example.com