Reopening DanceHouse as a space to work, rehearse and take class has meant we have needed to make some changes to the way we use the space.
Collectively, we will find a new rhythm for interacting while ensuring we follow best practice in keeping ourselves and others safe as we move in the studio space.
Please note the following measures have been put in place for the well being of all who use DanceHouse.
Please know that these protocols are to ensure your safety, as well as that of Dance Ireland staff, teachers and cleaners. It is our responsibility to create a safe place of work and it is your responsibility to follow these protocols and maintain this safe working environment for all.
Keeping DanceHouse open requires more work from all of us, and therefore there cannot be exceptions to the requirements below.
By signing up to a class, you are agreeing to abide by the protocols below:
Booking into a class
- To maintain strict capacities and facilitate contact tracing, booking is available through the Mindbody app only and you will be asked to confirm the following:
- That you are fit and able for a professional level class
- That you are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19
- You can book into a class up to 1 hour before the event.
- Cancellation is possible through the app up to 2 hours in advance of the class. You will receive a credit for the cancellation.
Social Distancing & Masks
- 2-metre distancing must be maintained at all times. Please be aware of others around you and remember that only with shared responsibility will these facilities and classes remain open.
- No sharing of ballet barres
- Training will take place in marked out boxes.
We recommend that everyone in the class wears a mask at all times. Disposable masks are more breathable.
Toilets, Changing Rooms & Lockers
Changing rooms and showers are open, with a limited capacity of 5 people permitted in the area at a time. Shower area capacity is limited to 3 people at a time.
While changing rooms and showers are available for use by those who need them, we do encourage everyone to arrive in the clothes needed for practice, whenever possible.
Masks are required to be worn in changing rooms and toilets, with the exception of while in the shower.
Groups are to only use the toilets and changing facilities on their own floor.
The toilet on the Ground Floor will be reserved for patrons with mobility issues, and those using it as a nappy changing station for babies and toddlers.
Lockers are available for use for a €5 refundable deposit
Entry & Exit
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class commences
- There is a queuing system outside of the building to ensure distance between those waiting for entry.
- Please exit the building promptly after the class
- Use of the lift is for those with mobility issues only (max 1 person at any one time).
- Please stay on your designated floor at all times.
- As with all forms of physical activity, there is a high level of risk, particularly in terms of the transmission of Covid-19. It is your responsibility to be aware of and minimise these risks.
As per Government guidance, you are advised to:
- wash your hands well and often
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing, and discard used tissue safely
- distance yourself at least 2 metres away from other people
- limit your contact with others when out and about
- keep your close contacts to a small number of people
- limit the amount of time you spend in direct contact with other people
- avoid crowded areas
- wear a face covering in situations where social distancing is not possible
- keep a log of all of your contacts throughout the day
This guidance is as of June 2021 and will remain in place until further updates from the government are issued, which will then supersede this guidance.