DanceHouse January 2021
DanceHouse Level 5 Jan 2021.Update
31 December 2020
Since the first pandemic lockdown in March 2020, and throughout the year, Dance Ireland has taken a cautious and considered approach to reopening DanceHouse and supporting the professional dance sector to return to work. We continue to place the safety and wellbeing of our staff, Members, and stakeholders of DanceHouse at the forefront of our planning. With robust health and hygiene measures and protocols in place, we are confident of the safety of our working environment.
With the country now under Level 5 restrictions and increasing concern regarding community transmission of COVID-19, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to each other and to ensure only essential work continues outside the home. Therefore, in line with the Dance Ireland 5-Level Operational Response Plan first published in September, DanceHouse will not reopen as originally planned on Monday 4 January.
This decision will be reviewed regularly, and on advice from the Government, in anticipation of further reopening of our spaces from Monday 1 February.
During this time, dance artists can continue to progress their professional development in the following ways:
- Our Morning Professional Training online and First Fortnight Workshops
- Apply for a Dance Ireland Residency
- Apply for an Ignition and Catalyst Residency in partnership with Dublin Circus Project
- Open Call for a Digital Producer
- Engaging with all programming
- Support and advice from the Dance Ireland team can be continued to be accessed by email (details here)
- Connect with the wider community through our Membership
I would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding in these difficult circumstances and would like to reassure you that Dance Ireland is here for you. We continue to work on your behalf in support of the development of dance in Ireland, and to ensure our art form survives and thrives in a new working environment.
Chief Executive, Dance Ireland