For members based outside Dublin
The Dance Ireland Residency programme exists to ensure that all dance artists can maintain a studio practice in high quality spaces. We offer support for members based outside of Dublin to access this programme at DanceHouse through our National Residency Fund.
The residency enables artists to engage with the Dublin community and scene, with DanceHouse, and with the Dance Ireland team, while also creating work in a high quality space away from the distraction of everyday life. We provide studio space, as well as the support to the visiting artist to make the most of their time outside of the studio by connecting them with Dublin-based artists, encouraging attendance at other DanceHouse activities, as well as advising them on other events in Dublin that are taking place.
This fund can also be applied for by Dublin-based artists who wish to involve a regionally-based collaborator in their residency.
Please note that this fund does not offer fees for undertaking the residency, rather the aim is to increase access to DanceHouse for regionally based artists, and to make that access as cost neutral as possible by offering a contribution towards accommodation, travel costs and per diems.
How to apply
- The fund can cover any or all of the following: accommodation, travel costs, per diems.
- Application for National Residency Fund will comprise of applying for a Dance Ireland Residency (apply online here), plus completing the National Residency fund form.
- Please note that as the fund is limited all costs may not be met, the maximum amount that can be applied for in an application is €700. Agreement on costs will be outlined at the time of negotiating the residency agreement and will not change once agreed.
- Please be specific in your estimations of costs.
- This fund does not apply to already funded projects.
- All applicants must be Dance Ireland members. To become a Dance Ireland member you must be either born or resident in Ireland. Learn more about memberships.
This fund is assessed by the Dance Ireland Executive, and is awarded subject to eligibility of the applicant, feasibility of the proposal and need. This opportunity will be offered until the funds have been completely allocated. Dance Ireland reserves the right to close applications to this fund at any time.