Dance Ireland Residency Programme for Members without funding.
DANCE IRELAND RESIDENCIES – CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS- check back in April/May 2023.
The Dance Ireland Residency Programme exists to support dance artists to create new dance work, engage in artistic research, and maintain a studio practice. Residencies are aimed at non-funded artists or projects. We offer support through wholly subsidised studio space at DanceHouse, Dublin.
Applications are made through an open call process and will be assessed by members of the Dance Ireland team and an artist representative.
Applications will be assessed on the information provided in the application form and on how well this meets the criteria as set out below. We give consideration to the distribution of opportunities across the sector.
We offer residencies of one-week duration, in our studios at DanceHouse, with advice and support from the Dance Ireland team and the option of a studio showing through our New Movements programme.
Studios available for residency are generally small studios, if a medium studio is requested we will try to accommodate, but it is dependent on availability. Residencies are offered as week-long blocks, Monday to Friday taking place during the day. Evening times are not possible. The following dates are available for residencies*:* In the application you may state if other dates suit you best and we will try to accomodate you if successful.
If you are offered a residency and cannot accept it at the time , it is non-transferable to the next open call.
SUPPORT FOR ARTISTS OUTSIDE DUBLIN
There are a number of residency supports available to applicants living at least 75km outside of Dublin.
- You must be a Professional Dance Ireland member to apply**
- The residency should support artistic research for unfunded initiatives or projects and/or studio practice
- Your proposal should be relevant to your artistic practice and vision
- Your proposal should demonstrate the benefit of the residency to your professional practice
- You must include an up-to-date CV, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. You may include links to digital content if you feel it benefits your application.