Afternoon & Evening Studio Space for Members
The Members' Studio is a Dance Ireland initiative, designed to offer flexible short term studio support for artistic research and maintaining a dance practice. Members' Studio will be available to Dance Ireland Members to book on various days*, subject to availability.
*As of February 2022, we are introducing the Wednesday Evening Members Studio (5.30-8pm)- we are opening the space for Members to book to an evening slot, to accomodate the demands of working artists, who may not be able to come and do studio based practice throughout the day. This evening slot will be available until April 2022- it may be subject to change.
To avail of the studio
- You must be a current Dance Ireland Pre-Professional or Professional Member and over 18 years of age in order to book space.
- Bookings are for non-commercial activity only and should be focused on artistic research and practice, For funded projects, please see studios and hire.
- Bookings must be made at least 2 days in advance
- Space is subject to availability which can be viewed in the calendar below. Book space by emailing Andrea on firstname.lastname@example.org .
- There is a limit on how many days can be booked in a year, per Member- to ensure everyone can access the space
Procedures and Protocols
Once your your Members' Studio booking request has been pencilled in by Andrea, the following 2 steps must be followed to confirm the booking (follow the links below to complete the documents):
1. Read through the DanceHouse Protocols and Members' Studio Risk Assessment. (These are live documents, guidance around Covid-19 is updated frequently and therefore these may change as things progress.)
2. Complete the Pre-Confirmation Checklist form.
DanceHouse have introduced new Health and Safety Protocols for all bookings in line with the Government's Covid response and best practise. Please know that these protocols, risk assessment and checklists are for your own safety and to ensure your safety, as well as that of Dance Ireland staff and cleaners. It is our responsibility to create a safe place of work and it is your responsibility to follow these protocols and maintain this safe working environment for all. Keeping DanceHouse open will require more work from all of us, and therefore, there cannot be exceptions to the requirements below.