Support and Resource Organisations
Arts Council, NCFA, EDN, Theatre Forum
During these challenging times we are here to support our Members and the dance community. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
We have compiled a list here organisations who are actively working to support the arts sector during this time.
National Campaign for the Arts
The NCFA have been holding regular meetings for arts sector- some are open forum and some strive to disucss an agenda or topic which is affecting the arts world.
They recently published a guidline for a Recovery Plan for the Arts Sector- see here.
The Arts Council have published a pamphlet detailing their recent findings from an Artists Survey, and the work they have done to date, during COVID-19.
See the booklet here and keep up to date with any AC supports- here.
Fundit.ie is now accepting COVID-19-related emergency fundraising campaigns. This will allow anyone that has experienced a sudden loss of income or may require funds as a result of COVID-19 to harness the power of their supporters to fund some or all of their needs.
Fundit.ie will also reduce our commission for COVID-19 related crowdfunding campaigns from 8% to 4% during this period. i.e. only payment processing, merchant services and basic admin charges apply. We will work to reduce these further over the coming weeks.
Full information here
Theatre Forum are running regular online meetings, to help support arts organisations, venues and indivdual artists, durring this difficult time.
They have articles, with links to supports, and all recordings of meetings on their website- see here.
European Dancehouse Network
Update on future events
EDN is working with its members on realizing Ateliers, Panels, Forum and General Assemblies. For this reason many of the upcoming events are either cancelled, on hold or postponed.
Please see the list of upcoming events here below (as of 16 March 2020):
- Atelier “Practicing Dance Dramaturgy” at Dansateliers in Rotterdam (20-21 March) has been cancelled.
- Panel “Dance sector encounters Europe” and General Assembly in Brussels (8-9 May) have been cancelled. The EDN team is working on a new date/new format for this event and will keep you posted.
- Atelier “Exercising and fostering reciprocity through artistic process” at Lavanderia a Vapore in Torino (15-16 May) will be either cancelled or postponed. More information will follow.
- Forum on Audience Development at The Place & Sadler’s Wells in London (29-30 May) has been postponed to 2021.
- Atelier “Sustainable practices” at Dansmakers in Amsterdam (11-12 June) is on hold. More information will follow.
- Atelier “Transmission of knowledge” at Art Stations Foundation in Poznan (19-20 June) is on hold.
More information here
EU & EACEA response
The COVID-19 crisis has necessarily triggered the measures by national competent authorities to contain the spread of the virus. These may have brought difficulties in the management of international and European projects, especially when it comes to the impossibility of travelling or gathering that some organisations and partners are facing.
The European Commission has published one information page about the Coronavirus pandemic, so did the EACEA. Please make sure to check your grant agreement and to contact your grant officer if you are coordinating a European project; and inform your partners regularly.
Read more HERE from the EU Commission and HERE from the EACEA
Voluntary Arts- Creative Network
From Tuesday 17 March, Voluntary Arts launched #CreativeNetwork - a daily online get-together open to anyone involved in arts, culture and creativity who would welcome the opportunity to talk to others about dealing with the current situation, the challenges of working from home and what we can do together to make the most of difficult circumstances.
After a brief Twitter poll to find the best time of day for this, 9:30 - 10:30am was selected. To join the meeting, click here.