What We Do
Dance Ireland is the representative body for dance in Ireland. We enable both professional artists and enthusiasts to achieve their creative potential.
Dance Ireland is Ireland’s national dance development organisation. We enable both professional artists and enthusiasts to achieve their creative potential, to express themselves and be the best they can be in and through dance. This supported through training, professional opportunities and advocacy as well as programmes and class suited for the general public.
Dance Ireland embraces and values all forms of dance practice including but not limited to classical ballet, contemporary dance, traditional Irish dance, ethnic forms, somatic practices, social dancing and hybrid movement forms. We also recognise and welcome new ways of working in dance through interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary practice.
We work to enable all those who share our love of dance, from the professional to enthusiast, to achieve their creative potential.
Our Strategic Priorties are:
- Advocacy: To build the profile of dance and be a leading, expert voice advocating for the dance profession and the art-form
- Connection: To build and strengthen relationships that deliver on our ambitions and those of our members
- Progression: To work with dance artists at all stages of their career to support their artistic and professional development
- Innovation: To champion and facilitate the development of new work, new ideas and new ways of working
- Sustainability: To ensure our future as a well-managed, well-funded and well-governed organisation
Read more about our Strategic Priorities as outlined in our strategy, MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER here
We achieve these aims through our:
Training & Development Programmes
For dancers, choreographers and companies at local, national and international levels.
Morning classes, master classes, choreographic workshops led by a range of national and international guest teachers.
Creating opportunities for dance artists to advance their own skills and artistic goals with supports including time, space and money.
Provides a home for dance in Ireland. Operated on licence from Dublin City Council, DanceHouse is a working home supporting all forms of dance. With DanceHouse provide year-round support and services to our members, the sector and wider community.
Access & Participation Programmes
Raises awareness of the value of dance and movement in our daily lives by creating opportunities for people of all ages to engage with dance.
We do this through a range of initiatives, including Evening Classes, Macushla Dance Club, Irish National Youth Ballet, Dublin Youth Dance Company and more.